Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pioneer Woman: Food From My Frontier

I love Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond,  so you would automatically assume I'm going to love this cookbook as well.  I certainly thought so when I started,  and that's partly the case.   In theory I like the step-by-step  photos with each recipe,  but as I went through the cookbook,  it got almost annoying.   Her recipes are simple,  and I don't really need a picture of her fingers adding a teaspoon of salt to a soup.   That being said, I do like the content of the cookbook itself.   She cooks a lot of what I want to eat,  and some stuff even my husband will eat!   Her husband and mine are similar in their food likes:  meat is good, "weird"  stuff  not so much.   I guess even having a chef for a spouse doesn't mean you love everything!  I also love that the photos are her own,  that's something I'd love to be able to do,  take gorgeous pictures of delicious food!   She goes for the classics in this one,  with a PW  twist.  Grilled Cheese,  Chicken Salad,  and Green  Bean  Casserole in  new and  exciting ways.   She gives us her favorite family recipes,  like Chicken  Noodles, and adds in that special occasion recipe for  Veal Osso Buco.   And although she hates bananas with every part of her being,  she loves the recipe for bananas foster.
I don't love this cookbook...as much as I wanted to.  I like to have my recipes more together than this one offers.  But it certainly serves its purpose.  To share with us the food from her frontier.  And she does make it all look delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment